|For Lecture handouts and recordings for a previous event, click here|
We are proud to support Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (SSVP) as our charity for 2019. If you would like to donate to SSVP, click here. If you would like to provide dental care to people in need through SSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org
On September 20, 2019, HPDA held its annual gala at Mississauga Convention Centre. Guests enjoyed creating edible selfies, having a 4 course meal, winning prizes from our sponsors and being entertained from a harpist and violinist. The theme was starry night which was highlighted by a ballet dance performance to the song “Shallow” from the “A Star is Born” movie. Special guests included ODA President – Dr. Kim Hansen, ODA staff and directors, representatives from public health and Green Shield Canada, MPP Nina Tangri, MPP Sheref Sabawy, MPP Deepak Anand and MPP Effie Triantafilopoulos. A special thank you to the Gala Committee and our sponsors. It was a wonderful night to meet old friends and make new ones. To view photos from the gala, click here!
Halton Peel Dental Association (HPDA)
HPDA is a component society of the Ontario Dental Association (ODA). Our association provides continuing education and social events to our members. HPDA is active in representing dentists in the Halton Region and Region of Peel at ODA Council, April’s Oral Health Month and as Political Contact Dentists. To become a member, you must be a current ODA Dentist.
Our Objectives are:
- To be a voluntary, non-profit professional organization of the ODA in the Halton Region and Region of Peel and to represent them to other bodies.
- To encourage the improvement of the oral and overall health of the public.
- To promote the mutual improvement of its members and the advancement of dentistry.
- To cultivate harmony, professional support and good fellowship among its members.
- To be an integral and active component of the ODA
2019/2020 HPDA Events
- New Grad & Mentors Night – Thursday, August 15, 2019
- The RCDSO Sedation Standard – Thursday, September 12, 2019
- GALA – Friday, September 20, 2019
- Lecture – Thursday, October 3, 2019 – Dr. Oliver Pin-Harry – Optimizing Esthetics in Implant Therapy
- Full Day course – Endodontics – Friday, October 25, 2019 – Dr. Steve Niemczyk
- Lecture – Thursday, November 7, 2019 – Drs. Michael and Alison Sigal – Introduction to Airway Centric Pediatric Health Care
- Lecture – Monday, December 2, 2019 – Dr. Hagen Klieb – Suspicious Oral Lesions: An Oral Pathologist’s Perspective
- Lecture – Thursday, January 16, 2020 – Dr. Lesley David – Oral Surgery
- CPR night – Thursday, February 6, 2020 – Heaven Can Wait
- Lecture – Thursday, March 5, 2020 – Dr. Mark Eckler & Ms. Sandie Baillargeon – Top Ten Practice Management Solutions
- Wine Tasting Night – Friday, March 27, 2020
- ODA & Award Night – Friday, April 17, 2020
- Core 1 – Thursday, May 14, 2020 – Mr. Alan Lachapelle – Communication Breakdown
- Boat Cruise – Friday, June 19, 2020
- Executive Meetings – Monday September 9, 2019, November 18, 2019, January 13, 2020, March 2, 2020, April 27, 2020