|For Lecture handouts and recordings for a previous event, click here|
We are proud to support Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (SSSVP) as our charity for 2019. If you would like to donate to SSVP, click here. If you would like to provide dental care to people in need through SSVP, email email@example.com
April is Oral Health Month and HPDA is celebrating in many ways.
- We are hosting our 4th annual “Smile Days” clinics which provides free dental care for people in need. HPDA dentists are volunteering their offices and several members will be volunteering their services.
- We are also focusing on oral health promotion with members doing dental presentations to groups such as students, seniors and new parents. If you are interested in doing a dental presentation, we can provide toothbrushes and training.
- We are partnering with Peel Public Health and Halton Public Health to promote Baby’s First Visit- going to the dentist by the first birthday.
- Peel Public Health’s dental bus will be at the entrance of Mississauga Grand during the April 25th lecture. Come aboard and see the benefits of mobile dentistry.
- If you would like to get involved with HPDA’s Oral Health Month activities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for completing the HPDA 2018 survey. One lucky dentist won 2 tickets to our wine tour on June 15th. To see the survey results, click here.
Halton Peel Dental Association (HPDA)
HPDA is a component society of the Ontario Dental Association (ODA). Our association provides continuing education and social events to our members. HPDA is active in representing dentists in the Halton Region and Region of Peel at ODA Council, April’s Oral Health Month and as Political Contact Dentists. To become a member, you must be a current ODA Dentist.
Our Objectives are:
- To be a voluntary, non-profit professional organization of the ODA in the Halton Region and Region of Peel and to represent them to other bodies.
- To encourage the improvement of the oral and overall health of the public.
- To promote the mutual improvement of its members and the advancement of dentistry.
- To cultivate harmony, professional support and good fellowship among its members.
- To be an integral and active component of the ODA
2018/2019 HPDA Events
- New Grad & Mentors Night – Thursday, August 16, 2018
- Lecture – Thursday, September 13, 2018 – Dr. Steve Ho – Sleep Apnea
- GALA – Thursday, September 20, 2018
- Panel discussion – Infection Prevention and Control – Thursday, October 4, 2018
- Lecture – Thursday, October 11, 2018 – Sunjay Nath – Strength-Based Leadership: The 10-80-10 Principle
- Full Day course – Dental Implantology – Friday, October 26, 2018 – Dr. Allen Burgoyne
- RCDSO Night – Thursday November 1, 2018 – Irwin Fefergrad
- Core 1 Lecture – Thursday, November 29, 2018 – “The ODA Suggested Fee Guide: Best Practices” – Leslie Redmond
- Pub & Trivia Night – Monday, January 14, 2019
- Core 1 Lecture – Thursday, January 24, 2019 – RCDSO lecture “Patient Safety Events and Adverse Events – Be Prepared”
- CPR night – Thursday, February 7, 2019 – Heaven Can Wait
- Lecture – Thursday, February 28, 2019 – Dr. Michael Goldberg – Refractory Periodontitis
- ODA & Past Presidents Night – Thursday, March 28, 2019
- Lecture – Thursday, April 25, 2019 – Perio/Prostho – Drs. Neena D’Souza and Vinay Bhide
- Thursday, May 16, 2019 – AGM and Panel Discussion “Transitions in Dentistry”
- End of the year Social Saturday June 15, 2019 – bus trip to Niagara on the Lake, Wine and Whiskey tasting at Wayne Gretzky’s; Three Course Dinner with Wine Pairings at Peller Estates
- Smile Days – Free Dental Care – Fridays, March 29, April 12 and 26, 2019
- Executive Meetings – Monday September 10, 2018, November 19, 2018, January 7, 2019, March 4, 2019, May 13, 2019